Die casting surface finishing affects appearance and performance. Specific features such as parting lines, ejector pins and gates are taken into consideration early in the design phase when our team works with you to evaluate your requirements by determining the most effective finishing applications from a wide range of options.
High quality surface finishes are necessary for:
- Decorative finish
- Protection against environmental exposure
- Resistance to wear
- Insulation from galvanic corrosion
Our standard finishing steps include:
- Deburring and post-cast processes to remove loose flash, round sharp edges, smooth and brighten surfaces. We use both automated vibratory deburring and mechanical deburring methods to achieve the required finish.
- Coatings for function including sealing, protection against corrosion, heat dissipation, surface performance and insulation. Most coatings are either paint or plating based.
- Cosmetic and decorative coatings require a refined approach in both die casting processes and post casting finishing processes. The quality of the finish is directly affected by the quality of the surface underneath.
A&B Die Casting offers a wide range of options and works with you to discover the perfect finishing solutions for your parts.
Some of our finishing processes are:
- Glass bead blasting
- Vibratory Deburring
- Silk Screening
- Powder coating
- Laser engraving
- Ceramic Coating