Aluminum castings are lightweight, possess good physical properties, high dimensional stability, high electrical conductivity, and are able to withstand high operating temperatures. Since aluminum also resists corrosion and can be easily cast. The majority of all die castings produced all over the world are made from aluminum alloys.
Aluminum is a very versatile material and is used for many applications; giving mechanical designers significant advantages when creating lightweight parts that withstand high temperatures. Aluminum die casting is often used in the defense and medical industries as a light and durable alternative to other metals while retaining maximum stability. It is also an exceptional thermal conductor for heat dissipation while maintaining rigidity and resilience when used for EMI/RFI shielding in the telecom and electronics industries.
Why choose aluminum?
• High dimensional stability
• Corrosion resistance
• Excellent mechanical properties
• Good machining characteristics
• Superior EMI and RFI shielding properties
• High thermal and electrical conductivity
• High strength-to-weight ratio
• A variety of decorative and protective finishes
• Great choice for high temperature coating processes
• Made from 100% recycled material and is fully recyclable
With strength comparable to zinc alloys, aluminum is frequently chosen when weight is at a premium. One of the most significant benefits of using aluminum is that it has a very low specific gravity which places it amongst the most lightweight structural materials available today.
What are some typical applications for aluminum?
• Since aluminum castings are resistant to corrosion they are often used in marine grade applications.
• Aluminum is great for dissipating heat and is used in a broad range of networking and infrastructure equipment in the telecom and computing industries.
• Aluminum castings provide EMI/RFI shielding, rigidity, and durability.
• Die cast aluminum is ideal for electronic connectors and housings because aluminum has excellent electrical performance and shielding properties, even in high-temperature environments.
The best part?
With our strong commitment to protecting the environment, A&B uses only 100% recycled materials. The ease of use in die casting combined with lighter weight and durability make aluminum a top choice for designers from nearly any industry.
Ready to get started?
Contact A&B Die Casting about your next project today!