Fun Thanksgiving Facts
• Thanksgiving is ranked as America’s second most popular holiday (Christmas is #1).
• Americans eat approximately 46 million turkeys (which is about 535 million pounds of turkey) each Thanksgiving.
• Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the US national bird, not the bald eagle.
• Each year, beginning in 1947 with President Truman, the president of the US pardons a turkey and spares it from being eaten for Thanksgiving dinner.
• Even though it is not the most popular pie flavor, an estimated 50 million pumpkin pies are eaten every year on Thanksgiving.
• If you count all of the snacking done, the heavy meal and all of the desserts, the average American will consume about 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving Day.
From our family to yours – Happy Thanksgiving!
-A&B Die Casting